Funding & benefits

Entitlement to benefits

You or your child may be entitled to a range of benefits such as Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payments (PIP) or Carer Allowance, as well as Universal Credit. However this is a complex area, and each individual should take advice from a qualified advisor. 

For children under 16, a good guide to help you think about DLA is published by Cerebra. It can be found here

West Lothian Council's welfare team (the Advice shop) can do a benefits check, or help you fill in forms, or appeal decisions. Their number is 01506 283000, or see their web page for more information.  

Other Funding 

We can help families identify sources of funding for holidays, equipment and more.

To get help with this, please contact Signpost on 01506 431 123 or email [email protected] 

If you have found this information helpful ,and you would like to help us support other families, please consider making a donation: 

Please select a donation amount (required)
Set up a regular payment Donate